CTech-LLC® PolyUrethane Resin PUR™ is a semi-rigid, optically clear polyurethane resin. It has been specifically developed for applications utilizing Light Emitting Diodes (LED’s), which require protection from harsh environmental conditions without any loss of clarity or performance. This unique system is used in applications ranging from automotive lights to underwater lighting as well as many other decorative and protective applications. The material is not suitable for thick sections above 50mm as the exotherm build up during cure will create voids.
- Water white transparency.
- Low refractive index.
- Very low mixed system viscosity allowing intricate components to be potted.
- Excellent resistance to yellowing when exposed to UV light.
- High resistance to weather, acids and alkalis, water and mould growth.
- Fast cure.
- Extremely durable.
- Can be cut and shaped by hand or machined.
- High density results in sturdy, durable patterns (which can be walked on).
- Dimensionally stable (will not expand or contract).
- Compatible with epoxy, polyester and vinylester resin systems.
CTech-LLC® PolyUrethane Resin PUR™ is recommended for wall coating on the following to protect:
- Against aggressive atmosphere
- Asbestos cement
When storing under very cold conditions, the hardener may crystallize. If this occurs, simply warm (40°c) the container gently until all crystals have re-melted. Always refer to the Health & Safety data sheet before use.
PolyUrethane Resin can be stored for two years in its original packaging.
Codes and Standards
CTech-LLC® warrants its products to be free from manufacturing defects. Buyer determines suitability of product for use and assumes all risks. Buyer’s sole remedy shall be limited to replacement of product. Any claim for breach of this warranty must be brought within one month of the date of purchase. CTech-LLC® shall not be liable for any consequential or special damages of any kind, resulting from any claim or breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence or any legal theory. The Buyer, by accepting the products described herein, agrees to be responsible for thoroughly testing any application to determine its suitability before utilizing.