CTech-LLC® Olefin Thermoset Resins OTR™ have many applications but are most noted for use in highly demanding, harsh environments where high impact toughness is a critical success factor. CTech-LLC® Olefin Thermoset Resins OTR™ are designed to deliver the right combination of thermal and mechanical properties in an easy to process system. The ultra-low viscosity provides operational flexibility for achieving high filler loadings and the ability for infusing thick stacks while the wide curing range enables significant formulation flexibility and the ability to make larger parts. They offer excellent fatigue properties, low water absorption, exceptional corrosion and chemical resistance, defect-free thick castings and easy machining. CTech-LLC® Olefin Thermoset Resins OTR™ provide outstanding wear & crack resistance and high temperature stability required for reliable performance, and are objectively tougher than epoxy. These resins are an excellent replacement for metals or other polymer solutions and enable faster cycle times, lighter weight, and reduced total cost of ownership compared to traditional injection or compression molding.
- Excellent Hardness and Scratch Resistance.
- Excellent Flexibility, and Impact Strength.
- Excellent Adhesion to Polar Substrates.
- Aliphatic Chemistry: Excellent Exterior Durability.
- Excellent Water, Chemical, Solvent and Stain Resistance.
- High Gloss & Clarity.
- Compatible with acrylic and polyester resins.
CTech-LLC® Olefin Thermoset Resins OTR™ are designed to deliver the performance characteristics that companies need to address their advanced material needs.
- Exceptional Toughness: High impact strength and resistance to crack propagation for long lasting parts with predictable life cycles.
- Lightweight: Densities near 1 g/cm3 are 10-15% lighter than comparable thermoset resins.
- Excellent Hot/Wet Properties: Extremely low water absorption of polyolefins combined with the thermal stability of thermosets.
- Low Carbon Footprint: Cradle-to-gate emissions 47% lower than standard epoxy resins.
- Low Viscosity Resins: Quick molding of complex shapes, high filler loadings, and low void content.
CTech-LLC® OTR™ is normally shipped in bulk from 60 °C to 80 °C and can be stored at 50-60 °C for ease of handling. CTech-LLC® OTR™ is susceptible to crystallization upon prolonged storage at normal ambient temperatures. It may be reconstituted by warming to 120-140 °F for 4-24 hours depending on the mass involved.
Olefin Thermoset Resin can be stored for four years in its original packaging.
Codes and Standards
CTech-LLC® warrants its products to be free from manufacturing defects. Buyer determines suitability of product for use and assumes all risks. Buyer’s sole remedy shall be limited to replacement of product. Any claim for breach of this warranty must be brought within one month of the date of purchase. CTech-LLC® shall not be liable for any consequential or special damages of any kind, resulting from any claim or breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence or any legal theory. The Buyer, by accepting the products described herein, agrees to be responsible for thoroughly testing any application to determine its suitability before utilizing.